Saturday 14 July 2012

EYES ARE THE WINDOWS TO THE SOUL, OR SO THEY SAY

  I always hear people saying "eyes are the windows to one's soul", and I'm not sure if their trying to appear philosophical or if they really believe in what their saying, but recently this saying pisses me off.

  I am constantly surrounded by people with pretty eyes and that makes me, a non-pretty-eyed, self-conscious. Both my parents have double-eyelids but since young I have been stuck with these fugly single-eyelids. My siblings have single-double eyelids, but mine is just plain monolidous. To those who don't know what a single-double eyelid is, here is a picture :

                                    
And this is a plain monolid:

                       

  For people who have single-double eyelids, they can enlarge their eyes more than their monolidous counterparts, so they don't always appear half asleep in photos. I know the difference is not very distinct in the pictures, but believe me, there is a difference.

  Now back to why I hate the saying "eyes are the windows to the soul". Yes, the eyes are the first things people notice about you, and I can't see where this saying comes from, but for monolids like me, you constantly look tired and unenergetic because your eyes are half closed. So if my eyes ARE the windows to my soul, that'll mean that I'm dull, boring, unlikely, barely alive-looking, etc. get my drift?

  As opposed to people with gorgeous, expressive eyes like these:


 Does it really mean that person is innerly beautiful and refined? NO! For all we know, that person could be your neighborhood homewrecker who wouldn't think twice when it comes to stealing your other half.

Take this as another example:


Does it mean that both three girls in the picture are innocent, sweet people who won't do anything bad? Again - NO! For all we know, these might be hookers willing to offer their services for as low as 5 bucks an hour! Or popular high school girls willing to dump their lunches all over you.

Finally we come to this:


 Does it really mean this person is unenergetic, dull, and lifeless? NO, IT DOESN'T. This person could very well be a lively, enthusiastic person who has those kind of annoying cheerleader-enthusiasm which annoys me to no end.

  Well, that concludes today's post. I'd write longer, but since I have tuition classes in 45 minutes and I haven't had lunch yet, I'm ending this post here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment